- Work with other web associates, web production officers and senior web production officers to manage and maintain client websites using existing content management systems in HSBC within guidelines set by the manager of Digital Publishing and the head of Digital Publishing.
- Assist information architects in designing site navigation to support a site's information architecture.
- Assist SEO specialists to ensure best search engine placement for web content
- Demonstrate familiarity withthe web as a medium
- Demonstrate familiarity with the range of content management systems used within HSBC.
- Demonstrate sound fundamental knowledge of HTML.
- Demonstrate ability to import text and data from external applications, such as Word and Excel, and to convert external content into a web-appropriate format.
- Ensure quality control by checking pages to ensure all comments and changes are made, and that style standards are adhered to before jobs leave the team
- Follow established department protocols and processes.
- Follow established guidelines for applying metadata to content and websites under management.
- Follow established online job code/filing system for all work produced.
- Follow industry standards for properly formed HTML and other relevant web standards as indicated by the manager of Digital Publishing.
- Post-secondary education - either at the degree level or a relevant professional diploma or certificate
- 3-5 years of relevant/related working experience
- Web development and online content management experience essential; knowledge of Group content management systems (BDE, GCMS and SiaB) a bonus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of standards-based HTML and and XHTML
- Experience with Sitecore and Sharepoint is desirable
- Experience with scanning, illustration, slide creation and image manipulation to support website management and production
- Good interpersonal skills